READ the General Information before enrolling to any sports programme.
All currently registered HKU full-time students and staff are eligible to enroll. Student/Staff card has to be presented if enrolled in person at Stanley Ho Sports Centre (10 Sha Wan Drive) and Suen Chi Sun Multi-Purpose Room (109 Pokfulam Road).
Unless specified, all courses are at beginner’s level. Prerequisite will be stated in the course description for intermediate or advance level, participants have to make sure that they have attained the prerequisite before enrolling to those higher level courses.
Most activities are taken place at the Stanley Ho Sports Centre (SHSC) located at 10 Sha Wan Drive in Sandy Bay, Multi-Purpose Room of Suen Chi Sun Hall (Jockey Club Student Village II located at 109 Pokfulam Road) and Multi-Purpose Room inside Ho Tim Hall (located in between Starr Hall and Lady Ho Tung Hall, 91 Pokfulam Road). Ice skating will be taken place at The Rink in Element.
Clothing and Equipment
Participants must dress in sportswear and wear sports shoes when attending sports course. For all indoor sports courses and tennis course, only non-marking footwear shall be worn. Sports equipment or special apparel will be provided for all participants in the class.
All Sports Centre has changing rooms and coin-refund locker ($5 coin).
Right and Expectations
All participants should have the responsibility to create and maintain an environment that fosters the common interest and convenience for all users. For the safety and enjoyment of all, please follow the house rules while using the facilities and equipment. Please visit the rules and regulations governing the use of Sports Centre and Swimming pool
Participants have to download the Attendance@hku App in the mobile phone to prepare for the attendance taking for each lesson. When entering the indoor sports venue of the class, turn on the Bluetooth and open the Attendance@hku App of your mobile phone. Attendance will be taken automatically. For outdoor sports venue, please sign your name to the roll-call sheet provided by the instructor.
Rules and Regulations for Course Application
- Participants must present valid Student UID/Staff Cards when enrolling in person at Stanley Ho Sports Centre or Suen Chi Sun Hall (Jockey Club Student Village II located at 109 Pokfulam Road). No enrollment made by phone/fax/email is accepted. Please note the opening hours of Stanley Ho Sports Centre and Suen Chi Sun Multi-purpose Room posted at CSE Website.
- Enrollment is processed on a first-come-first-serve basis and all applications must be followed by payment within 1 working day after the enrollment. Otherwise, registration will be revoked automatically and quota will be allotted to other applicants. Once the participant does not settle the course fee after the deadline, that participant will get an email informing about the “revoke” and he/she is not allowed to sign up for the same course again. If the participant still wishes to pay for the revoked course, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants must ascertain if they comply with the pre-requisite of the course before enrolling. If the instructor find that the participant does not meet the pre-requisite in the first lesson, the participant may be advised to drop the course but no refund will be arranged.
- Participants should be aware of their own schedule and check carefully to avoid time clash with the sports course(s) they are going to enroll. CSE will not accept refund request for such reason.
- Participants have to pay the exact amount of the whole course. No pro-rata payment is accepted if the participants cannot join every session of the course.
- Most of the sports courses requires a minimum number of participants, any courses not reaching the minimum will be cancelled and participants will be notified via email for refund accordingly.
- Participants are not allowed to exchange the course with other participants or transfer courses to another person.
- Participants must complete the enrollment and payment procedure before attending a class.
- Some courses may run on public holidays, participants have to pay attention to the dates stated at each course in the website.
- CSE has the right to take photo of or videotape the class activity for the purpose of publicity and course promotion. Participant who does not wish to be captured by photo or to be shown in any types of publicity, please kindly notify CSE staff when such scenario happens to them.
- Please refer to CSE website for the most updated venue of the activities, courses, and programmes.
In the event of course cancellation arranged by the CSE, Sports & Recreation (S&R) staff will notify the affected participants by email and arrange the refund accordingly.
The CSE will not refund, arrange make-up class, exchange or transfer courses for any absence owing to personal reason such as time clash with lectures or tutorials, sick, travel etc.
Refund will be arranged after ALL sports course of the semester is finished. Finance office will need six to eight weeks to process the refund.
Safety and Rules
All participants are expected to recognize and accept the risks inherent in their enrolled activities. Part of the risk involved in participating an activity or programme is correlated with the participant’s own state of health (physical, mental, or emotional) and the awareness, care, and skill with which the participants conduct himself or herself in that activity or programme. The specific risks vary from one activity to another. All participation in sports programs is voluntary and each participant knowingly assumes all risks associated with his or her own participation. In case of personal injury or accident happened during the class, please contact the instructor or Sports Centre staff immediately.
Participants are not permitted to conduct, or solicit for, any form of business within the facilities (e.g., personal training, private lessons, etc.), nor conduct or organize unauthorized paid or voluntary coaching sessions or group programs.
Arrangement under Inclement Weather Conditions
Under the situations as listed below:
- Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 (or above) is hoisted; or
- Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 will be issued within two hours as announced by the Hong Kong Observatory; or
- “Extreme conditions” after super typhoons are in force (announced by the Government before the Hong Kong Observatory replaces Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 with Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3); or
- Black Rainstorm Signal is in force.
The following arrangements will apply:
For sports classes NOT yet started
Situation Class Arrangements If any of the warnings or announcements is hoisted or in force at or after 6:00 am All classes commencing before 2:00 pm will be cancelled automatically. If any of the warnings or announcements is hoisted or in force at or after 11:00 am All classes commencing at any time from 2:00 pm and before 6:00 pm will be cancelled automatically. If any of the warnings or announcements is hoisted or in force at or after 3:00 pm All classes commencing from 6:00 pm onward will be cancelled automatically.
For sports classes ALREADY started
Situation Class Arrangements When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted or the No. 8 Signal will be issued within two hours as announced by the Hong Kong Observatory, or “extreme conditions” are in force
- All classes and outdoor classes will be suspended immediately.
When Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted
- All classes, except those held outdoors, will continue.
- For outdoor classes, the responsible staff members on the spot should suspend the activities immediately, ensure that all students are taken to a safe place, and remain there until it is safe for them to return home.
- Outdoor classes/activities (Aquatics, Tennis & Golf) will be cancelled if Red rainstorm is hoisted.
- If there is persistent heavy rain in Western district, classes involving outdoor activity (Aquatics, Tennis & Golf) may be cancelled.
- Aquatics class will be cancelled/halted when thunderstorm is found at the area where the Swimming Pool is located.
In case of uncertain inclement weather as mentioned at point 6 or 7, individual participant please call the receptionists of Stanley Ho Sports Centre (SHSC-28195450) NINETY minutes before the start of the class to check whether the class will be cancelled or not.
Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will have a MAXIMUM of TWO make-up classes following the original schedule PROVIDED the venue is available.
CSE treasures the comments and suggestions of participants to further enhance the programme quality. An online evaluation link will be sent to your email before the last two classes of the course. Your feedback will be solely used for the development of our Sports Programme. Apart from this channel, we are keen to receive comments and suggestions at any times, please write to email@example.com
Participants enrolled to any sports program under Uni-Sports and Uni-Adventure are abide by the above terms and conditions. CSE reserves the right to make any changes to the above terms and condition without prior notice to individual participant.
ENROLLMENT START DATES
ENROLLMENT DEADLINE: Refer to the date specified at each class via the HKU Event Management System
HKU Full time student and staff are eligible to enroll to sports courses and settle payment through HKU Event Management System (HKUEMS) on a first-come-first-served basis.
Go to CSE website and select “Uni-Sports Programmes’ or “Uni-Adventure Programmes” on the left-hand side of the menu
- Select the category of Sports program you feel interested.
- Click the “ENROLL” button to the sports course you wish to enroll.
- Login to HKU Portal.
- Click the ‘Register’ button for enrollment. If the course has been filled up, you will find the message ‘This event is full’.
- Fill in the information as required.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Continue with the payment procedure by clicking “Yes, I would like to pay by credit card now” if you want to pay online with your credit card at the same time. [Remarks: you need to pay within one working day to confirm the enrollment, you are not allowed to re-register the same course if the deadline of payment is gone].
- You will receive an email acknowledgement if registration and online payment are successful. You can also retrieve your enrollment and payment status by revisiting your enrolled course at HKUEMS.
ONLINE PAYMENT PROCEDURE
- Revisit your enrolled course with the specific URL stated at the email acknowledgement for successful enrollment.
- Click “Pay Online” and then “Yes, I would like to pay by credit card now”.
- Fill in your credit card information as required, click “Pay Now”.
- You will receive an email acknowledgement for successful online payment from firstname.lastname@example.org (Please keep this email for verification purpose when find necessary). You can also retrieve your enrollment and payment status by revisiting your enrolled course as in Step 1.
PAID AT THE RECEPTION COUNTER
Course fee paid at the reception counter of Stanley Ho Sports Centre and Suen Chi Sun Multi-Purpose Room
No cash is accepted. Please settle the payment during its opening hour (or up to 30 minutes before the official closure time of both sites on special early closure dates)
- Union Pay (over $200 dollars or above)
FAQ is available to answer participants’ commonly asked questions, please call the receptionists at 2819 5450 for further questions.